Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Me!

Thank you to all for your birthday well wishes today! I must admit, I was less than enthused to turn 31. There really is no denying it now, I am really in my 30's. Despite my being underwhelmed at turn 31, it was a good weekend. I took on a long list of "To Do" items I have been wanting to tackle for awhile. I woke up Saturday (to a quiet house... Thank you Dan!) and cleaned up the kitchen, the floors, cleaned out my mess of a closet, took clothes to Goodwill, did some grocery shopping, and went to the Library. That night we had a babysitter (NICE!) and went out to dinner with friends. We had a great time, and my dear Darby stole a votive from the restaurant especially for me. It was a special birthday gift, and we never even saw her do it... she is good! I am so glad being in my 30's doesn't mean we have to stop our childish hijinks's. Today I had the day off, and I spent all day getting most of my Christmas shopping done! I am so excited to be able to focus on just enjoying the holiday, stress-free (knock on wood). I also took advantage of Oprah's Container Store 20% off discount and picked up some big bins to organize our lives a little bit. You would think I would be uber-organized by how much I love to be organized... alas, not so much. Actually, staying organized is a bigger issue for me. So again, thank you for your phone calls, texts, messages, etc... sorry if I didn't immediately respond, I was on a serious mission.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Happy birthday! Did you get my text?