Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Floral Frog + Wire Egg Basket



Over the weekend, I made a trip to the local antique store "Bad Girls Antiques" to pick up a very "shabby chic" rose print I had seen the weekend previous. I kept thinking about it, and decided to go ahead and get it. Well, once I was there, I couldn't help looking around for any other treasures that might be hiding out. At the check out desk, there was this very interesting basket. An antique egg/fruit basket. I had a hard time thinking what I could do with it... but still got it. What the below picture does not show is how it can be moved into so many shapes. It can be tall and skinny, or fat and round... ideally you could snugly keep your eggs safe by molding the basket as needed.
Now, I don't really need to contain eggs... but I do like to keep flowers in the house when I can. So I had the idea... a bowl with a floral frog tucked into this basket would be sweet. And now, I have this sitting on my dining table, right beside me. My favorite flowers, peonies, filling the air with the most lovely scent. So happy.








No comments: