Saturday, June 6, 2009

Project: Outdoor Chandelier

This weekend, I tackled a few projects around the house. The first to be completed: Outdoor Chandelier.


It was inherited from the previous owners who left it looking quite dilapidated. A few years ago I decided to try and restore it to it's glory. I spray painted it silver and my niece and I strung some beads around it. A few years later... here is what it was looking like:


Not so cute anymore, so I stripped off the peeling silver, covered it with a "rusty metal" primer (probably should have done that first time!) and spray painted it white. It still has a "shabby" look, which I love... just not as shabby as before. I found a pretty garland at Michaels and hung it around the arms, and hung the whole thing up with some pretty gingham ribbon (my fave).


I can't wait to dine "al fresco". I imagine some pretty linens and nice white plates, with the candles lit above. I will be sure to update some pics when that happens.




*Note: As soon as I finished taking the above pictures, I looked up and saw an enormous eagle flying only about 10-15 feet above me. The crows were squaking and chasing after it....I was so dumbstuck, I totally forgot I had a camera in my hand, and didn't get any pics! Oh well. It was pretty amazing!

No comments: