Saturday, June 20, 2009

Project: Stained Glass Window


An old "found treasure" was re-invented in our home this week. When we lived in our old house this hung in our kitchen window. I loved it to pieces... but in our new home, there just wasn't a place for it. All our windows had blinds installed making it hard to find a spot to hang nicely , and it really needed to be hung in a window so the light could shine through it and display it at its very best.
About a year ago we had all new windows installed and the blinds went back up everywhere, but the kitchen, but still the stained glass sat in a lonely corner. I had other plans to hang it in our bedroom when just a couple weeks ago, while trying to fall asleep (isn't that when all the best ideas come to us?)... DUH! I can hang it in my kitchen window again, and even better... the colors of the window are nearly exactly the colors in my kitchen! Reds and greens! Brilliant!
So finally... my antique stained glass window has a home again!

2 comments:

Corinne Morash said...

Can I have your window? :) And, I love your new header!

Danielle Bailey said...

Your stained glass window is so cute. It matches well with the color of your curtain and the interior design of your kitchen. Where it is just perfect; it gives more life to the atmosphere of the kitchen. Since the kitchen is a place for preparing meals and experimenting with recipes, having a glass window like this can add vibrant feel to the place, and can inspire every homemaker to prepare more luscious meals.