Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Good Reminder!


Oh dear readers, please spare yourselves the potential heartache and credit card debt that may ensue at the Issaquah shop, Urbanity. I made the mistake of going in to find a gift for a friend... and found mostly things for myself. I may have to take darling hubby with me next time, so I can explain exactly why we need so many of the things in her shop.


This plaque, however, spoke to me and I could not turn my back on it. It's message was a powerful reminder to me as to just what is really important in life. I hung it by my bathroom mirror, so every morning and every night I can read it and remember.... and the fact that it goes so perfectly with my black and white bedroom/bathroom doesn't hurt things. I added some ribbon (slight ribbon obsession here) and viola!


The message reads:

To laugh often, to win

the affection of children,

to earn the appreciation of

honest critics and endure

the betrayal of false friends,

to appreciate beauty, to

find the best in others, to

leave the world a bit better, whether

by a healthy child, a garden patch...

to know even one life

has breathed easier because

you have lived.

This is to have succeeded!

-Emerson

No comments: