Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling Seasonally Conflicted

I am not ready for the summer to end. I don't think I had enough days to soak in the suns rays, the warmth of the days nor the cool water our little Rattlesnake Lake provides. I didn't get enough grilled dinners, and not nearly enough time on our deck on a hot nights drinking a chilled beverage with friends under the glow of our outdoor globe lights. Not enough nights falling asleep to the sound of the whirring fan. Not enough opportunities to wear my cool and comfy sundresses. But alas, whether I like it or not... the summer's end is near. This is where my aforementioned confliction comes into play. I am not ready for summer to end... but I am oh so looking forward to the many wonderful things fall brings. Halloween, fall leaves, cozy sweaters, stormy days and nights, comfort foods and baking marathons, Thanksgiving, and my birthday! All that being said... I have given in to the overpowering temptation to feed my desire to surround myself in all the Halloween glory!
It innocently began with this... Mathew Mead's Halloween Magazine. Sitting there in checkout lane at my local grocery store, it drew me in and captured my little Halloween loving heart.

Then, to my sheer delight... this arrived in my mailbox. The whole issue is Halloween related. All of it. I have never seen such a thing. Typically, and I know this from having subscribed to Country Living Magazine for years, they only have some of the issue focused on Halloween items... never all of it?! Heaven.
Then it all becomes a blur, as I am not eactly sure when this BHG Special Halloween issue entered my life... but I do know it was the rhinstone covered pumpkin on the cover that sealed the deal and won me over, and I never looked back.
Last weekend, this Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine almost made it into my basket. But hubby was with me... so I was strong. For both of us. But I confess to you dear readers, I don't know how much longer I can hold off. I feel myself weakening even while typing this.
So, there you have it. I am conflicted between two loves. It is a love triangle, if you will. Truth be told... I love all seasons, and this is just something I have to work through at the end of every season and the beginning of every new one. Well... except the transition from winter to spring. Usually... I am glad to see those little tulips pop their heads out and the cold to subside... but, well, that is another blog, isn't it?

1 comment:

Corinne Morash said...

I need to go buy all these!
PS - WHere is your button. You need one. I'm getting ready to update buttons on my page and want to add one for YOU!
:) I have a code/directions if you need it.. courtesy of Kara from Kara's Party Ideas. Let me know and I will pass it on!