Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A New Cake Stand


I went to the farmer's market on Saturday, as there are only a few more left before we must wait until next year rolls around. While wandering about, I happened to end up in the "craft" section, honest mistake, really. I came across a booth full of lovely little cake stands, all different sizes, heights and types.

Upon further inspection and discussion with the crafter, it turned out that these adorable and wide variety of cake stands are simply plates adhered to a glass candlestick.... some new, some vintage.


Um... stinking cute, and I had cash burning a hole in my pocket... so, after MUCH review, here is what I went home with:


Now. If you are somebody who typically receives a plate or tin or basket of Christmas goodies from me... don't be too surprised if this is what it is delivered on this year. I can't wait to go "plate hunting" for the makings of my perfect cake stand gifts. I think the biggest challenge will be figuring out what adhesive to use.


Now, how in the world can I improve upon this already clever design? Hmmmm... let me think. How, oh how, can I make this cake stand even more perfect? OH! I know!.....

chocolate, caramel, ooey, gooey brownie goodness

1 comment:

Corinne @ The Splendid Stuff said...

HEY! Tell me what adhesive works... I think that this is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!